On 1 July 2003, the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (38 of 2001) came into effect. This is used to prevent crime such as, tax evasion, money laundering, stolen identities and activities funded by terrorists.
When working with Simonne Nurse Attorneys we will sometimes ask for personal documents so that you can be FICA compliant. Here are the requirements:
- A certified copy of your ID document/ID smart card (we can do this for you).
- A utility bill which states your name and physical address (i.e. water/electricity account statement, insurance policy document, cell phone contract account, etc). This must not be more than 3 months old.
South African Company
- The company Registration Certificate (CoR 14.3) or Certificate of Incorporation (CM1). This needs to be certified.
- The company’s Memorandum of Incorporation.
- Proof of the company’s registered address (CoR 21 or CM22).
- Proof of tax registration and VAT registration number (if registered for VAT). This must be certified.
- A certified copy of each director and shareholder’s ID document/ID smart card and proof of residential address.
- A certified copy of the Trust Deed.
- Certified copies of all Letters of Authority.
- Proof of VAT registration (if registered for VAT).
- Certified copies of each trustee and beneficiary’s ID document/ID smart card and proof of physical address.
- The Founding Statement (CK1) and Amended Founding Statement (CK2). These need to be certified.
- Proof of registered address.
- Proof of VAT registration (if applicable).
- Certified copies of each member’s ID document/ID smart card and proof of residential address.